Education, Communication, and Outreach Committee
Lead: Jason Camp
The terms and goals for this committee are as follows:
- Promote active member engagement and community involvement in projects and initiatives of the VIC.
- Engage in community projects to maintain and enhance the Valdes Island biodiversity database.
- Promote environmental best management practices according to provincial and federal legislation to maintain the biological integrity and biological diversity of Valdes Island’s lands and waters.
- Educate the community regarding the natural values of Valdes Island via an annual newsletter and interpretative natural history trail brochures & trail maps.
- Prepare and distribute to members information updates re: Conservancy activities.
- Maintain and enhance the Valdes Island Conservancy’s website.
- Engage with Island Trust, Land Trust Alliance of British Columbia, and individual land trusts.
- Engage with the Invasive Species Council of British Columbia.